Save the date!
The Big Give Christmas Challenge 2019 launch is on
12 pm (midday) on Tuesday 3rd December
The Christmas Challenge, run by The Big Give, is the UK’s biggest match funding campaign. Donations made during the Christmas Challenge week are doubled – so any donation made during that week will have twice the impact.
We are delighted to have been chosen to receive champion match funding from the Coles-Medlock Foundation – you can see how this works in the video below.
This gives us a great start to our Christmas Challenge fundraising campaign and we have set ourselves an ambitious target of £30,000 – but of course what we would really like is to build on our success in 2018 and really smash this target. There are still so many schools in Malawi who need our support to be able to give their students the tools they need to learn digital skills.
Our aims are:
- The installation of IT labs in Malawian schools by local Malawian technicians using computers donated by UK households and businesses
- To deliver teacher training to build schools’ capacities to continue to deliver computer studies and to use IT to enhance lessons in all subjects
- To reduce the inequalities between urban and rural students
- To increase girls’ access to and engagement in IT by providing girls only ICT clubs
- To promote and environmentally-friendly society in the UK by reusing ICT and support skills development in refurbishing computers
So please help us share the message – you can find more information on our fundraising page and of course, the “donate” button will be there from the launch of the Big Give Christmas Challenge on Tuesday 3rd December at 12pm (midday).